View Single Post
Old 06-11-2004, 09:08 AM
jttsvx

Talking Feels good to be back on the road!!

Finally put my SVX back on the road, bought her March ’2000, and blew the tranny 6 months later, but of course by that time I was already hooked. Tried to rebuild the tranny myself, wasted $400, and that didn’t work, then went to AAMCO…. need I say more, $2800 got me a badly rebuilt tranny that lasted just long enough for the AAMCO warranty to expire.
I let her sit for two years, and was ready to sell her just to make room, when I saw another SVX for sale on EBAY, ’92 with 148miles on her, YUP! 148 original miles, the car had been rolled by the dealer, and had never been sold, was then stored by an SVX enthusiast for more than 10 years. Every body panel was shot (he did replace the passenger door and fender) there was no glass, the interior was missing, but the engine and tranny were perfect (I took it for a test drive before I bought it)
Did the transplant over the last six months (I was in no hurry) and I swapped every thing I could from the donor car, complete engine, tranny, hubs, brake system, as well as numerous other bits and pieces.
Car runs beautifully, and I have put approx 1000 miles on the new set up, and everything is working really well, in fact I am getting ready to do a 1000 mile service.
I have a bunch of pictures that I took during the transplant, and as soon as I can get them off my camera I will post them.

Feels good to be back!!!