Old 03-18-2004, 06:34 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Re: svxistentialist..... Help...

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver

Just heard on the news this morning that St. Patrick actually wasn't Irish, he was sent over to Ireland some time long ago by the church to convert the Irish to Christianity. He did that to some extent, and that's what made him a saint.

There's also a story you always here when you are a kid that St. Patrick was great because he chased all the snakes out of Ireland. Some kind of folk hero story. I guess it is true there are no snakes anywhere in the wild in Ireland (Joe?), but of course one guy didn't magically chase them all out, it probably had more to do with continental drift before the ice ages or something.

Maybe I'm full of BS though.
Both of these rumours are true.

St Patrick was Welsh, son of a Roman Centurion. Because he stayed here long enough, we have adopted him as Irish. Long enough to collect two or three Social Welfare payments will do.

He is supposed to have chased all snakes out of Ireland, like Bart Simpson, nobody saw him do it. As Troy says, tectonics may have played a part in all of this.

Ron's story about the leper-cons and trolls is totally true, absolutely accurate, and can be backed up by paper evidence which does not rely on the internet. I was there, and I saw it all happen just like he said.

The trolls have migrated to Seattle, so the island is demographically a little different these days. If you ask these trolls for a wish, they will grant it, but it's usually something completely different than what you thought you asked for.

We still have snakes, but they are mostly in politics.

Joe

{Joking aside, we have lizards and frogs, but no varieties of snake, such a grass snakes etc like in England, exist here in the wild}
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl