View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Re: Dag nabbit @#$&*$!

**UPDATE**

I've gotten the car back now and it is running well again. Fortunately, it only cost me a couple hundred to fix. They said that the problem was that the injector wires on the drivers side were exposed slightly and came in contact with the valve cover and shorted out.

They replaced all the wires to the injectors and when I went by it still wouldn't start. They also replaced the Fusible link and so everything would come on, it just wouldn't start.

We all looked at it together for a little while and they decided to start at the beginning and see if it was getting fuel. This was going to take a while so I started to leave. About 5 minutes down the road I got a call and said they fixed it. Apparently they unhooked the fuel pump and saw that it was actually pumping when they turned it on so they reconnected it and it started right up.

Indirect fix? Who knows. They did tell me that the gauge on the fuel pressure regulator didn't work. It was set to 40psi but when they tested it, it actually was set to 70psi. They dialed it back down to 40 but I can definitely feel a loss of power, but I really dont' want to burn out my fuel pump so i'll leave it I guess.

I'm still running the 9psi pulley right now. Once i'm sure everything is nice and stable, I'll replace it with the 12psi one and see how that runs. I've been driving it the last few days and Master Kuo is helping me install a new security system w/remote start right now. I purchased an Excalibur AL-2050-EDPB and its a sweet little security system.

We've taken out the old system and will install the new one probably this coming weekend. I'll do a new post about that if anyone is interested.

Thanks everyone for your help, you guys are the best!!
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.