Thread: 16 + volts
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 10:39 PM

Registered SVX
Yes Harvey, that is the usual arrangement I totally agree.

However in respect of the SVX it appeared to be be Òvery unusualÓ as the wiring diagram which I had previously consulted and had in mind, shows a single wire from the battery positive to the fuse box and a single feed from the alternator to the fuse box with all alternator connections bridged at the alternator.

This diagram ( Power Distribution ) I previously referred to when checking on another matter and had noticed this rather strange feature and it had stuck in my mind. After now physically checking the car it is clear that a separate sense wire is in fact used and I should have been sceptical in regard to the hybrid diagram, my fault.

It now becomes apparent that the draughts man could not make up his mind as to whether he was drawing a schematic or a wiring diagram and the result is totally confusing. I now appreciate that he was trying to eliminate the usual horrible mass of lines which appear in most motor vehicle diagrams but a note should have been included to the effect that the drawing is in part schematic.

A long time ago, while biding time while setting up my own Company, I worked for a local car assembly plant and wound up re hashing their wiring diagrams due to much confusion among assembly workers. Therefore I can have no excuses on the basis of ignorance.

A regrettable blue, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 08-22-2002 at 04:34 AM.