View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Reading Saturday Dinner possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
We have also decided against the catered Saturday night dinner idea at your hotel. We could not generate enough interest to come close to meeting the 25 person minimum. I really appreciate all of your fine efforts in providing us with this possibility.
Since John and Di helped us out by making arrangements to have lunch at the hotel instead of having the dinner buffet at the hotel, I asked my sister if she would open up on Saturday night to make dinner available for me and some of my friends that would prefer Café 110 over the hotel again or McDonalds. She was willing to do this for a small group of us, but I want to also open it up to everyone else.

This is not going to be organized like it normally was in the past. She will be open and have a limited dinner menu. It will not be prepay, and reservations do not need to be made, but I would like to get an idea how many people she should expect.

For some background. My sister, Bev, has a restaurant in Morgantown. Her normal schedule is lunches and a limited dinner menu on Friday nights. In addition to being my favorite sister, she is also a sponsor for the SVX racer that Ben and I race. This is the same restaurant that dinner was held at last year. Since she is normally open for dinner one night a week in addition to catered parties on other nights, she doesn't have the capability to just handle dinner for 50 people that might decide to show up on a night when they normally aren't open. If there is a huge response, she can handle that many people, just not "un-announced".