View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I've been asking the seller about the car.

Me: So with a 5-speed swap your making 540hp? Wow, I guess those 5-speeds must have turbo's in them or something to make the engine produce more hp? what does this car do in the 1/4?
Seller: Please read the ovwerviw as to how the numbers are caculated.and the 1/4 mile is unknown.
Me: You do realize there is no way to gain horsepower buy doing a tranny swap? You will gain some torque to the wheels but it'll never go over the numbers the engine is rated at. Hp numbers and torque numbers will still be lower than what the engine is rated at because of driveline loss which, we loose alot of power through because of the AWD. So your saying with cold air intake, Greddy race lower drive pulleys, 4 mid infinity race cams, infinity 555cc injectors, upgraded fuel management system, and a 5mt swap you're making 540hp? And if the car reaches 100mph in 6.6 secs. your cutting lower than a 13sec 1/4(by alot)? Why would you do 0-60mph runs and 0-100mph runs but not do a 1/4?

Im still waiting for his responce.

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company