Thread: Good tech
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 07:31 PM
simonton

wow so i got my car back from this countryside guy and i just have to disagree with him being a "good tech." No offense to you A-Train but i thought the guy was a real dooshbag.

I sent the car to him with the trans out, the passenger seat and abs computer out, and he went to work on it... I got a message saying the car was ready on friday. I didnt get to talk to him directly but set up a meeting to pick up the car monday. Then i realized saturday what a true pain in the ass it would be to go down 50 miles to countryside in rush hour traffic after school monday. So i call saturday and ask if i could go leave the credit card info and work out exact prices later. Whoever i talked to ( John wasnt there ) said that would be fine. So i drive all the way down there, the cashier calls john and says im screwed and have to go home without the car. I then talked directly to john about it, i asked him why and he told me some crap about procedures and exact amounts... I was willing to just leave a huge sum of money for him there to work out exact amounts and refund the difference when he came in monday.. but he wouldnt have it. He didnt want to break procedure.

Now, somebody at the dealer told me i could go and leave an inexact amount and get the car. So i drive 50 miles down. He then tells me i cant. So he's asking me to just go home and come back again. That's 50 down twice and 50 back twice. 100 miles i was okay with - but 200?, - and on monday it would have been through rush hour traffic. Not to mention id have to get someone to drive me to and from school 20 miles to and 20 miles back, two times.

so once i was there he had 3 options:
- have me find someone to drive me 280 miles around in traffic

- come in himself to accept responsiblity for the sales' team's mistake in telling me to come down

- or just **** procedure and let me do what the sales' guys said i could do and work out exact prices later in the week

so he decides to throw a *****-fit and come down on his day off all pissed of and do the paper work. BUT lets not forget that he's getting FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS for this ****. SO IM REAL SORRY that he had to go 15 minutes out of his way because someone at his dealer made a mistake and told me the wrong thing.

THEN
I get the car back and notice that the passenger seat is back in, he comes up to me and makes it sound like he did it as a favor. I then notice my abs computer still sitting in the backseat. That of course needs to go under the passenger seat... I ask him about it and he tells me its an extra computer the other mechanic left in the car. So i drive 50 miles back home with the abs light on in the dash, get home take out the seat, see no abs computer, just an empty harness... I put it all back in place and then see that he had charged me an extra 60 dollars just to put the seat in. We're talkin about 5 bolts here; 5 bolts that i had to undo and redo anyway because he didnt put the damn computer in!

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE
On top of all this bull****, the trans is already having problems ! God only knows where im going to go now

Last edited by simonton; 08-23-2004 at 07:38 PM.