View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 01:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
I'm too lazy to try and calculate the top speed possible with given gear ratios and possible engine speeds, but I thought the stock SVX was "capable" of 189 mph. That is just a vague remembrance of what I thought was calculated in the past.

I find it hard to believe that Sonar hit over 160 mph. I remember him talking about all of his high speed experiences... but 160 in an SVX? I've only hit about 127 or so (indicated) which probably means about 120 plus or minus a couple mph... and I had probably a few miles from 60 mph to there at WOT. That seemed like it took forever (and my SVX was in great condition with only 65,000 mi on her). Heck, cars of less weight and 100+ hp more have trouble hitting 170 mph.

I think she would really have trouble with speeds close to 200 mph, may not be enough downforce to keep from floating off the ground.

Chike, where'd you get the figure that Euro SVXi are .285 Cd... I don't know what could make any other SVX have a lower coefficient of friction than another.

P.S. I've been waiting for almost a decade for someone to start getting enough power to the wheels to run the times a couple of you guys are running now.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment