View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Cool!!! That is awesome!!! I had no idea that someone was working on the ECU side of things!!! Great!!! Will your modifications to the ECU make the SVX easy to tune as the WRX???
The answer to that depends on what you mean and who for. I can now tune the svx ecu to run anything including any fuel injector and type of forced injection. Tuning has to be done on a good awd dyno though. I'm doing my final tuning for each application at Mastro Subaru in Tampa. They have a truly bad *ss dynapack awd dyno there as well as a subaru select monitor and technitian at my disposal.

Tuning any ecu including the aftermarket ecu's used in the wrx requires a signigican't amound of know how and equipment so unless you are a professional race team with the knowledgeable staff and financial resources to do that for any 1 particular set up end user tuning isn't a really viable option. To that end what we are doing is putting together truly exceptional supercharger and nitrous oxide kits with chips already tuned specifically for them.

We are also releasing a performance chip for the svx with no nitrous or forced induction. This chip mainly optimizes the air/fuel ratio for performance rather than emissions and then takes advantage of the new a/f ratio to run a lil bit more timing. I'll post dyno plots with the exact gains on the website when i have the final code finished.