Thread: What a day!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 01:16 AM
Green1995SVX

What a day!

Well, after over-sleeping this morning, and not getting on the road until 9am, NomadTW and I headed to Virginia to pick up my new pearlie. We made great time on the way there and arrived right on schedule. We drove the car and checked it for the usual svx problems. When everything checked out we left with my new car, and I couldnt have been happier! We decided to stop about 5 miles from where we left to fill the car up with gas, and get a much-needed snack. After filling up the car, Nomad went to start the car, and before he even put the key in the ignition, it broke in half. Upon inspection it looks like the key was already cracked in that location and we didnt notice it. This was the only key I had received with the car, so this was a big problem! At this point I called AAA to get a locksmith, and they wouldnt do ANYTHING for me because I had not registered the car yet in my home state. The guy on the phone was actually very rude and wouldnt even give me the number of a locksmith I could call. After a friendly local lent me a phone book, we located a locksmith who was able to come and make a key:

Waiting for locksmith to do his work:

Now, those of you who b*tch about the $10 key blanks from subaru should hear this one. The total cost to have this key made on short notice on-site on a sunday, was $119.00!!! So, stop you're complainin'.

After that, we were back on the road to Pennsylvania!

On our way home (way behind schedule)

Aside from the car stalling out a few times, and an emergency stop for a new wiper blade ($15 from the Pennsylvania turnpike commission, thank you) our trip home was uneventful. The car is SO solid, and we averaged 29.43 miles per gallon on the way back. I cant wait to start cleaning the car tomorrow!

Mike

Last edited by Green1995SVX; 08-30-2004 at 01:20 AM.