View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 05:38 PM

Hey Budfreak, I saw where you do 4.44 swaps. I'd be intrested in doing something like that this coming summer. First got to get my Semi's rear ends rebuilt this spring, seeing how the old girl has 1 million miles on her and the driveshaft has almost a 180 degree play in it. As far as the 130 mph top end goes, it will shift into 4th about 125-128 then barely creeps up to 130-132 and won't push anymore. I've tried running both directions on this empty road (test strip) to see if wind is the problem, then one morning I did it again when the sun was coming out (least windy part of day) and same results. It doesn't feel like a governor's kicking in, it feels like it just doesn't push anymore. RPM's are somewhere between 4600-5000 when it first goes into 4th so it's not running out of gearing and if anything those RPM's are where the torque should be able to push it more. Aside from that it seems to run ok, and when doing 0-60 sprints there is a little tug in the seats when it hits 4000 RPM's, feels like a high 7's or 8 second 0-60 car. Anyway, let me know if you do those swaps and also what kind of top speed are you getting with those swaps. Not that I really ever drive that fast going to visit family, but just like to know it's there.
Oppps, sorry for getting off of original subject.

Last edited by Hose92SVX; 12-02-2006 at 05:55 PM.