View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hose92SVX
I liked it from day one. Aside from the Eagle, Celica turbo4 and 3000GT it was one of few AWD vehicles in the US market back in the early 90's. For me, I can drive a AWD car to it's limits with better confidence and more consistantly then I ever could with a rear or front wheel drive sport cars. The other main reason is that I like a car that has the capacity to go long distance and be comfortable. I've always enjoyed exploring and a car designed just for the tracks doesn't do it for me. I arrowhead hunt, backpack and have driven Over the Road for 10 years and I still love a good road trip. The cars handling, and comfort are really well balanced and I like the looks both inside and out. I've wanted one for years but could never afford one, and last summer I found one for $3000 that was in decent shape. The only dislike I have is that it's a tad slow. I don't care to go 0-60 in 5 seconds but I would like it to do it in the mid 6 second range. Also I've tested it's top end a few times and have never been able to get it above 130mph. I've put on new rotors and pads, ecutune stage1, underdrive pulley, sanded and re-painted the underneath, cut out and repaired the rust from the body work, re-painted the body, replaced the headliner and replaced a damaged rod bearing. I only drive the car a couple times a month and the only thing left is to paint and attach some new doors because the old ones were really rusted bad, and some of the bodywork showed thru the paint job. Those are my reasons.
Oh, but to answer your question, yes I would like it if it was a Ford. I think I could name a car from every manufacturer that has captured my heart.
All you need is 4.44's. 130 MPH?! Wow, I've seen 145 in mine with the stock gears and exhaust.

To answer the actual question here though, I doubt I'd buy it if it were a Ford because then even if it looked cool it would still be a slow and poorly engineered piece of crap like the rest of Fords.Where Subaru is getting mid 15's, Ford would be getting 17's. I mean come on, The new Shelby GT500 has 500 HP and can only run the 1/4 in 12.9?! I'm only 2 seconds behind with half the horsepower and an auto!! And my old 87 GTA(350 TPI/700R4) would have been riding on it's bumper damn near in a 1/4 mile and I could possibally have beaten it with some gears and some track side tricks. That to me is just sad especially for the price they are charging for them. The only Fords I ever liked were supercoupes, Turbocoupes, and 88-91 XR7 cougars(5.0's and supercharged), But they are all junk too because I've had 2 of them that made me walk more than I drove. Whoa, Almost got into a Ford rant. Wwwhheeww, Glad that's over.