Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2001, 10:00 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Playing cat and mouse...

< What's really fun to watch is when one of them brings in a bat...my wife just freaks!>

Who could blame her? Playing ball in the living room is hell on the furniture...

First place we lived in when we moved to WV, we had a bat get in one evening. Jean was in the tub when I notified her of our visitor. She grabbed a straw, put it in her mouth and submerged. Asked Harry the cat for his assistance; no....a flying mouse was more than he could handle. I finally found it behind some drapes in the bedroom. Trapped it inside a Tupperware container, took it out and released it. Little brown bat; cute little sucker. Amazing thing was when he was flying around the ceiling light he look as big as a buzzard! Good thing it only took about 10 minutes, 'cause wifey was turning into a prune in the tub..

Had a black male cat once that played a kind of singles tennis match with mice he would catch in the yard. He would fling the little things so high, they qualified for frequent flier miles. After a few minutes he would deliver "the bite" and put them out of their misery. Then he would deposit them on the front steps for our approval...Good Boy! Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"