Thread: Snow Tire
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:28 PM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
The tire is a firestone. Unfortunately it is old, I can't find a picture of the tread.

FIRESTONE RADIAL WIDETRACK H/R ALL A A 400
There! Take that porschekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Back to the original question...WideTrack Radial H/R means nothing to me. 235/45/17 means it a low profile tire, wider than the average car's, for a 17 inch rim. 93H means it has more than enough load rating for the SVX and is rated for 210 KPH. Treadwear 400 is good, but not exceptional. Traction and temperature A ratings put it in the mid-performance range.

Without seeing a picture of the tread I'd say it's an all-season tire geared more toward summer performance. Any vehicle will benefit from having a set of snow tires in temperatures below 7 degrees C (40-ish F). Below this temperature the rubber compound of all seasons stiffens. Summer tires are rock hard and useless.

Get a picture of the tread and I can give you my opinion of it's winter usefulness.
I'll take a picture as soon as I can. I really don't get too much snow here so I am really interested in an all season tire.
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander