View Single Post
Old 07-11-2002, 07:20 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Tranny Cooler

I'm no expert but I just had a cooler put in my SVX. Went with the B&M 70268 (between my cond. and rad., a digital gauge and sender from Summit racing. I stuck with the subie external filter and got scalped for I think $60-$75 for it. Can't quite remember. I would highly recommend the gauge so you can see what your temps are. Actually if you have the time and patience. Put the temp gauge in for a couple weeks, watch your temps and then put a cooler in. That way you get a before and after effect. A fan would be recommended if you spend a lot of time in stop and go traffic. Problem is where to put it. Some have had success it seems putting it in the fender. It really will heat up then due to the lack of airflow. I would think that it would be possible to get a gauge which you could wire to your rad engine fan when the ATF sensor reaches a certain temp (exactly how the set up works fo the engine).