View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 11:35 PM
DearPrudence

Smile hello boys & girls

I'm still sorta kinda around. The MA5T3R is still just sitting in my driveway, taunting me with his undriveability.

But GET THIS... Last week I decided to take him for a quick cruise around the block (which is about as far as he can go without overheating). Normally, I'll just dump coolant in the radiator before I go, but this time I dumped it in the overflow reservoir. I heard this loud splashing and thought WTF? So I peeked in that general direction and was perplexed to find coolant just POURING out of the bottom of the reservoir! Evidently, from what I could see, there is SUPPOSED to be a hose of some sort connecting the radiator to the overflow reservoir. For some reason, my SVX no longer has one. Now, I'm no mechanic, but dontcha think something like that may result in rapid overheating? Hmm.... I called my mechanic and left him a message, he has not returned my call.

If I wasn't such a lazy butt, I could probably get my SVX fixed in about 5 minutes. But I'm a lazy butt, so in the driveway he sits.

How are all youse folks doin?