View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Help!! I'm going to get hit by a semi truck!! Random stalling, stumbling idle

I still think it is a cam timing issue. You have to take the cam pulleys off to see the key and keyways. The fact that it is backfiring when you rev it and when you decel is confirming my suspicions. Try dropping the front pipes off right at the manifolds and see if the symptoms are still there even when just reving in neutral

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamianut View Post
Well....

I can rule out coils as I have replaced them all. Also replaced gaskets on the TB, by-pass air, and auxiliary air valve.

Car is popping loudly on decel (1st gear run to 5000rpm and close throttle). I bet I would see flames out the tailpipes at night. So am I too lean on decel or too rich and igniting unspent gases in the exhaust?

Could not get the crank pulley bolt loose this weekend so no proper timing check yet.

Found a local source to flow test and rebuild injectors, so I was thinking this would be a logical next step as Techron/etc. doesn't seem to do anything.

Exposed cam key-ways seemed okay? I'm not sure what I'm looking for here, but I did put a wrench on the cam bolts to see if there was any play.

A very weird thing is happening. If I snap the throttle open very quickly at the TB, I can feel a puff of air come out of the bolted seal between the MAF and airbox lid. I thought it was supposed to try to take IN as much air as it could get, not push some out???? What the heck??

Thinking of cutting out pre-cats to see what condition they are in now.

Thanks.