View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 01:53 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Help!! I'm going to get hit by a semi truck!! Random stalling, stumbling idle

Quick update,

Car returned to me with free snap-on ratchet wedged between support rail and radiator and disconnected aux-air hose.

They replaced MAF. They claim no stalling now. I've driven it 5 miles since so I don't know yet.

They suggested that the 4-pronged Bosch Iridium/Platinum plugs could be f-ing things up so they wanted $400+ dollars to change them. So, I picked up the car and went to autozone, swapped out the plugs with basic NGK single-prong platinums in about 45 minutes. (Also bought super basic NGK copper plugs to try later.)

Still missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still misses up to 4000rpm.

Just a quick check on the IRIS check valve...Should you be able to blow into the manifold or suck from the manifold??

Found the wire from the ECU to install the 87 octane map switch last night as the car has tune version 1.5. May try to make the switch and try out the car in that mode (still running 93 octane gas and vice versa.)

Thanks

1995 SVX-L AWD, green, 98,xxx miles, ECUtune 1.5, mazda RX-8 wheels with subie center caps, stebro muffler, resonator delete, koni inserts, perrin crank pulley, hella 500 off-road lights, power-slot rotors and .....
1993 968 Coupe 6-speed, 80,xxx miles black, H&R springs