View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
Re: Anyone own a Baja?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxxx26 View Post
subeman - I like that hard cover for the back, it would be real handy on trips. We just drove to Texas and back with a LOT of luggage and some of it had to be in the bed in garbage bags.
Couple of questions for you: I'm assuming the tailgate remains as is, meaning it does not lock even though the hard cover does?..and....what is the hard cover made of? Wood? Plastic? or.....?

It does lock. on my cover I had to put 2 little holes in the tailgate to mount a latch. On the "updated" covers there is an optional latch that uses those screws in the tailgate already. The cover is not watertight but it really does well at keeping it fairly dry in there. When the tailgate is up and the cover is locked...that whole bed is secure.

It is made of wood with a foam on top and the vinyl on the outside. On the underside it is carpet kind of an "indoor/outdoor" type. Also it stores in the vehicle so you can go to home depot and buy something and then put the cover in the back seat area.

I know it isn't cheap but it is far better then the soft cover and the turbo limited cover is not available piece by piece. Your only alternative would be the snugtop that when i priced it was $1500 painted and delivered to my door. (and it is not water tight either nor can it be removed easily)