View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Whats your exit strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
Oh yeah, I picked up my 47" for $800 with 4 year in home warranty from best buy. It was fantastic. Also, DVI > HDMI 6' on ebay is $4, in store is like $50. Cables are horrible in stores, that's where companies do all their markup. When I walked out of best buy with a tv and nothing else, I thought the guy was going to cry. He tried, but I was prepared. I had already bought all my HD cables on ebay and had the invoices iwth me. BTW, that $4 is shipped, not + shipping. He just stared at it when I showed him. My TV was open box, which brought it down a few hundred. Broken stand, but I already had an entertainment center with wall mount built in, so I didn't see a reason why not. Plus they threw in the warranty, so I couldn't argue that it might be defective. It looks awesome paired with my PS3 too.
Any cable at any of the stores is all markup. My friend worked at best buy for awhile and there discount is store cost so he could get ethernet cables for $0.95 and HDMIs for about $3 at the time. And length didn't change the price much either