Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 01:04 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstang3o2
Thats another thing i might consider is the 6 speed. I might wait till the auto craps out on me. I enjoy just putting it in d and hitting the road. This car is so smooth in what it does. Its a shame i could not get it down to the low 14's on motor i just like the way it pulls around town. I will be getting the slotted rotors and new pads and ss brake lines along with springs and koni's. I would like to get a big brake kit but it doesnt look like much is around for that.
It is very possible to drop an SVX into the 14's with an auto. Just do a 4.44 trans swap, full exhaust, stage 2 ecu and a set of custom cams and you got it! I mean, yeah there is other stuff to be done along the way but those are the major components. Don't glorify the 5/6 speed too much. Most of us that have 1/4 mile times with a 5/6speed have a fair amount of mods done to the car to make it faster. I don't see a bone stock mt break the 15 sec line without an excellent driver on a cold day. Crap with a ton of mods to my last 5mt I only hit a mid 14 on a full body car. If I had lost some weight I imagine I could have run 14.3 but thats still not "fast". But if you really want to make some power, the 6mt is the best route as the level 10 auto will cost more than the full 6mt conversion

Tom