Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Blackstang3o2

Hello

I figured id stop in and say hi. Im new to the site and to the svx..well new to subaru in general. I have now owned my 92 LSL for about 1 week now. I sold my 90 mustang lx for something a little more comfy so i got a 00 Caddy Catera and had many problems so i took it back to the dealer and they said they would take it back and get me something else thats where I found the svx. Only problem was price they wanted 8995 for it. It has 95k miles very very clean on the inside the body needs some attention though. But after looking it over i decided to take it anyway since i get a warranty. It had a bad wheel bearing warped rotors, but seemed to be very well kept oil filter and air filter was subaru parts so might have been dealer serviced the trans fluid was new and the trans was very clean compared to the rest of the driveline so i figure must have new tranny. So far i like the car other than performance i expected more from it. I do like how the car is very smooth and not harsh like the other cars in my collection. I have planned on a new factory black paint job along with alot of parts from motorsport along with already working with a local shop on possible turbo kit and using tec 3 engine management. Along with a 5 speed once i get more info and some one who can do it with no side effects. But if i do get tired of it it will be posted for sale here before anywhere else so the car has a chance to be cared for.

My current cars are
-97 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
-96 Camaro Z28 hard top
-93 F-150 Lightning
-93 Mazda MX-6
-95 Eclipse GSX
-92 SVX

If anyone knows of good places to go for my work on the svx in baltimore aera let me know. I don know much about this car myself other than what i have read. Also is getting glass a problem for this car? And factory body parts?