View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 PM

Registered SVX
Re: To LSL or not to LSL that is the question..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftySVX View Post
The car is prewired for the tweeters, there is a blank that you can cut out and just snap it in, but you'd be wasting your time, the factory sound system is pretty crappy, and it is likely the door speakers are bad because of the age. (they use a foam surround that deteriorates) The speed sensitive steering is quite different from the engine speed variable. It is more of a preference. I think the vehicle speed sensing is better, but it is a little light at low speed. Others disagree, and like the RPM sensing type better. The touring package also had a slightly different struts, which gave a firmer ride, but it is not really noticable unless you own one of each or have spent alot of time with one or the other. I really liked the way my 92 LSL drove compared to my 94 L, but I could never get past the motorized seat belts. If you are looking for an inexpensive car, the SVX is not for you. The car will nickel and dime you, especially a 92.
Mmmm interesting, well i've always been a bit of a gear nut, and I enjoy changing spark plugs/filters and such, heavy work I can't do but still I don't mind maintaining something as far as preventative maintenance..and i've been going through the site's how to do files, especially on the transmission filter and trans. problems...I like maintaining cars i've read all about the transmission problems you people have probably already run into, and i'm prepared for it. My BIGGEST worry is buying a car and half way home having the transmission die..that would be probably the worst possible scenario. Just if I have to buy a cheaper car i'd rather get a fun to enjoy... one to tool around with instead of one that I don't care much for (plus AWD will help around here) but I do understand where you're coming from. A normal person would not plop down money on a near 20 year old car.

Yeah that's what I was looking for was the reviews of the steering..sounds like the speed sensing is pretty nice..nuts..well taken care of ones are pretty hard to find..well..all of you have taken good care of yours but affordable ones that look like they've been maintained? Hard to find. Anyway thanks (thanks for the tweeter info too..ehh.. probably worth holding out for the lsl then..I used to have a 92 integra with the electric seat belts..didn't bother me..very 90's but I understand they're not the rage now or..ever will be again ha)

Last edited by Matt007b; 07-22-2009 at 01:54 PM.