View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 12:00 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
.............Sorry, no magic here either. It'll take a few extra minutes to figure out and save yourself money. With a bi-directional scanner (one that allows you to command certain things to occur. normally only available to OE scanners and only on OBDII cars) one could command the EGR valve to open and watch the temp rise as reported by the EGR temp sensor. OBDI? hahahaha... no way unless you know when the solenoid is commanded open. How to diagnose?
1)Remove the connector from the EGR solenoid and attach a switched 12v power lead to one pin and ground to the other.
2)With the engine running switch the power on.
3a)If the engine dies the EGR solenoid and the valve are working and the ports are flowing. In that case check the EGR temp sensor and wiring.
3b)If the engine doesn't die remove the vacuum tube from the solenoid and check for vacuum with engine running.
4)If vacuum is present reattach tube, power up the solenoid and check for vacuum at the EGR valve.
5)If that is o.k. you'll probably have to remove the EGR valve to see if it works when vacuum is applied, I think the SVX EGR valve is pretty closed-up to visually watch it operate while installed. Before you do that you may want to check the ports, typically on EFI cars the EGR ports will clog inside the manifold or throttle body, wherever they happen to be on a specific engine. I think Matt indicated the SVX location before.
I think I see what your saying here, I think I can get a better view of the EGR from below, or take apart a bunch of crap from above.
I plan to do this right now, so I should be back in a bit once I get some of these proceedures handled, mainly...locate the EGR on the passenger side(that's the right side here, lol)

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms