View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: What is happening with SVXWN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
If you read what is in your avatar, you may understand part of your problem. I have heard of very few head gasket problems over the years that I have been on this site as well as the old yahoo site. There will probably be more as time goes on because of the age of the engine, but that is part of age. You had better tell all of the airplane owners who have utilized this engine. I am sorry you had bad luck, but maintenance is part of car ownership and if you can't afford what you drive, it is time to move on to a cheap car that you can afford. Good luck.
Well said Earl, partially.

I can speak to the headgasket failure (granted high miles, but most "average" members here have high miles and ALL SVXes, even low miles, are getting old). And I believe Tom has seen quite a few and even mentioned them in his big rant post a few months ago.

That post Tom did really does ring true. These cars quickly are aging past the "reliable import" stage and moving into the "classic weekend garage queen" stage. That might be a good thing overall for the flow of our membership as we'll be left with real die-hard enthusiasts, but I have a feeling a lot of SVXes will be lost in the process.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...