View Single Post
Old 11-10-2002, 09:43 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
The price seems a bit steep to me too inspite of the low miles, especially since it's fwd. Unless you never head north to ski or travel to areas that never see inclimate weather you might not miss having AWD. But I can't help but think that since you were in love with the SVX when they came out it wouldn't be long until you were looking longingly at those with AWD versions and regretting your decision to settle for a fwd version.

As far as the tranny goes, I have not heard of the fwd models being affected by heat issues like the awd models but others with more experience in this area might know better than I.

Either way, welcome to the club! We look forward to hearing more from you. Just like you I have loved the SVX but never thought I'd be able to afford one until I saw my 92 AWD in the paper. I wasn't really in the market for a car but I went to look at it and fell in love on the spot. Happy SVX hunting!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.