View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 09:23 PM
markrobert

I'm new...And I gotta ask

Been looking for a car for someone else and what do you know? I got bit by the SVX bug! I thought they were just the coolest cars when they came out, but out of reach price wise. I see one sittin' on the lot yesterday and bang! I just gotta have one now that I see the prices for used ones are so damned cheap (relatively cheap ) But............Are the tranny's really that bad??????? I just drove a 95' with 41k on it and plan to drive as many more as I can to see if I really really really want one. This 95' is clean clean clean and I suspect it's not gonna be easy to find many this clean. They want a bit too much in my opinion for a base model FWD but everything is negotiable right? Anyway, I'd like to know if the tranny's are notorious on all the production years, AWD's over FWD's, etc...If I find something with low miles and throw a tranny cooler on will that increase the longevity of the trans significantly? And are the brakes another weak link as well. After market rotors the solution?

Thanks in advance...glad I found this site!