View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: Buell: Ceasing Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinedeath View Post
gosh, its so annoying that morons on sport bikes give people like me and other sport bike enthusiasts bad names by being wreckless and just plain dumb. i love sportbikes, i love the handling, i love the sound, but thanks to alot of people, the opinion of this group of riders is... well, its not good.
I used to ride back in Colorado. I never rode in the city, and it was a great recreation for weekends in the mountains. Since moving to LA I would never consider joining the bike culture in this town. Everybody either thinks they're Rough Riders, or Hells Angels. The laws are bent in favor of this attitude allowing folks to ride between lanes on the freeway, and speeding so poorly enforced. Add to that living in Topanga Canyon which is a very popular road for riding. It's like if they took the Tail Of The Dragon, and put it smack in the middle of North America's second largest urban area. Every week another knee dragger puts himself down in front of my house, and the only remorse I feel is because it screws up my commute. I now harbor a deep distain for bikers here as is probably evident in my post. I miss riding sometimes, and envy you folks who can get that freedom without imposing yourself on others. Perhaps when I make it out of here I'll find myself on a bike once again.

As for Buell, it's a shame to see them go. Now if only they would take all the LA bikers with them, then there'd be a silver lining.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.