View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Looks and smells great.

Re: Buell: Ceasing Production

Can't say that I'm sad to see Beull go, but at least Erik tried to push innovation.

Harleys, on the other hand, are nothing but chrome-dipped fashion statements for those with more money than sense and self-esteem. Unless paying more money than a Japanese cruiser for a bike with less power, less performance (braking, cornering, etc.), higher maintenance, and lower fuel economy is your thing.

What really pisses me off about both companies is that the USA used to be at the forefront of motorcycle technology. Now, the only reason to buy American is either due to an overdeveloped sense of patriotism or for sheer nostalgia. I know we can do better than that, but there doesn't seem to be anyone out there trying (OK, Buell did try; he just failed to make a bike nearly as competetive as a GSX-R and his bikes cost more, to boot).
1992 LSL Pearlie: 108k, 15min/$15 mod, Alternator wiring "upgrade," Power Mode switch, K&N drop-in, 4500k 35w low-beam HIDs, 3000k 35w fog HIDs, lots more planned (pending funds, of course)- 4.44 5spd being at the top of the list.
"We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
-C.S. Lewis