Thread: Hee hee!
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 01:43 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Extra Cute

I like the job BMW has done with this car. The one with the supercharger really shifts donkey, very well made and bolted together.

The original Mini had the central speedo much farther forward, so easier to watch.

Auto magazines over here have elevated it to Top Hot Hatch in SC form, much liked for the steering feel and the gearchange as Pockets observed.

It would appear to offer a lot of driver's car, while at the same time not give you very much vehicle, if you'll pardon my differentiation. The Beetle was the same. The Beetle is best viewed as a Golf [Rabbit?] coupe, but I don't know where that leaves the Mini.

Trevor, surprised at a big boy like you bashing small innocent cars around the countryside!

You know, it would be interesting if someone did a lightened SVX, like Porsche does with racing 911s and so on. Strip out the interior, add roll cage, add 400hp engine, aluminium door skins, Carbon bonnet and plexi glass where possible. Bet it would make a reasonable circuit or autoX car. Any takers with a beater and the urge for power?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl