Thread: ignition switch
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 05:16 AM

Registered SVX
[QUOTE=kwren;509246]Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffast View Post
Keith, did you try changing out your ignition switch?

A thoughtful and very interesting question, notably ignored.________________
Trevor, New Zealand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post

....Can't you get something right just once Trevor, and make my day??

I did fall into the trap and bought a new ignition switch and installed it is on my SVX. I checked it first and when I got reduced voltage in the circuit from the old switch (about 8 volts,) I thought the contacts were bad. I sent Jeffast a private message explaining that I changed the switch and it didn't fix the problem...
I farther explained the relay that I designed that works along with all the other things that work right. I made the schematic and put it on as an attachment as I told him I would in the "private" message.
Since you get offended if I keep information from you, Trevor, I better tell you about the new rear view mirror with a compass and automatic dimming from the headlights driving behind me. I wired it up and it looks and works great. I should not explain how I did it for fear of ridicule from you.
You would probably regard it as a band-aid since it didn't come on the car from the factory and I get my feelings hurt real easy.
Come to think of it, the majority of new Subaru's from the factory do not come equipped with the great rear view mirrors. Many people buy one and have the dealer put it on.
Question: Is it a band-aid if the dealer installs it or would the band-aid only be if you or I install it?? I can always take it off and put the original back on.

Please help me with the correct answer. To my credit, It is a new Subaru mirror from the factory!
Thanks,
Keith
Keith,

Can’t you write just once Keith, without continual sarcasm and make my day. Furthermore your use of bold type is not in good taste.

I got it exactly right. You had not answered the question.

I note that you have the skills to hook up a rear view mirror, but you also have clearly shown that you do not have a clue in regard to testing a circuit for voltage drop.

Your silly question requires a silly answer, i.e. it is only a band-aid for those who do not have the strength or wit to dip a normal manually operated mirror.

Take more care, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!