View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 04:41 PM

Registered SVX
when I had my Mustang GT I had a set of Pirelli P Zero and there were the best tire on wet traction. but the GT is RWD not AWD. in SVX i don't think you need the P Zero, unless your car has more HP.

when I replaced my SVX tires in 2000, I was in school and was low on $, so I try to find low price performce tire. I read from Motortrend that the Pepboys Futura Ultra Z were not bad, so I brought a set of 2 to try them on. It performed well but it wasn't good looking. Later I installed 2 more new tires but went with the Bstone RE950s. my SVX now has set of 2 different tires.

I like the Ultra Z better than RE950, because when I rotate the tires the car handle better with the Ultra Z on the front compare to if I had the RE950 on the front, especially on hi speed above 80mph.

I know that not many SVX owners buys their tires at Pepboys but I think they are very good Z rated tire for $100ea, and you get free service with the tires.