View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 04:14 PM
TonyShaleUK

Day 2 of the meet

More pics in my locker. Sorry, but you'll have to work out the sequncing - damned if I know how to add pics in a specific order!

Day 2 saw fine weather and 5 cars again - 4 from yesterday and an additional silver UK 93 car - driven by Ian. And the photographer from International Motors, the UK Subaru importer.

Numerous photos later and he departed. Just before Andy arrived, late. He had been entertaining himself with a BMW M series 3. Shan't say much other than he reckons it was a draw overall, although our finest did leave the Beemer once a certain speed was reached......

At the museum, a huge BMW and Lanchester (a good old Coventry manufacturer many years cesased trading) was on at the same time as our humble gathering. But we got plenty of visitors - including a group of Japanese who work for the company that made the SVX gearbox. Communication was difficult due to language barriers, but Ian tried his hardest to get 6 new gearboxes in apology for the bad job they made of the original! Beemer 3 series convertibles were many and cruising past - almost without fail stopping to drool (well, that's what we reckon anyway!) over our beasts. Very few of the other Beemer drivers were interested in more worthy vehicles tho.....

So we wandered off around the museum, returning to find our numbers had swelled by one black 92 Jap import driven by Matt. Like the magnificent 7 all over again. A strenuous picnic saw our adventurers hit the hi-ways and byways to wend their weary way home.

Hopefully, there will be more pics from the other guys 'n gals over the next few days.

I hope that you all got back safe and sound, especially Phil and Belha with there musical brakes.....

'Til next time.....

Tony