Thread: anyone?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2003, 07:30 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I have had the same symptoms you do. Puff of white smoke on startup sometimes - smells like a tractor or snowmobile. It only happens for me when it is cold out and I have narrowed it down to only happening when I buy gas at a certain local sphinx station (92 octane). It does not happen consistently - maybe twice a week if it is cold and I got the gas from that place. I don't have a check engine light.

I am almost positive it correlates to that places winter gas. I can go a couple tanks at another place and never see it and then fill up at the sphinx and it might smoke. I have had it happen with the car being cold from 4 hours to overnight but never after only a short stop. I had this happen last year at this time of year and never saw it again all spring/ summer even with buying gas at this place.

I put new fuel injectors in a year ago so it shouldn't be a leaky one - but with how inconsistent the problem is I wouldn't know how to narrow it down to one.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.