Thread: Oil leak
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 02:09 PM
#lolsvx

Registered SVX
Oil leak

I have a 1992, and I've always had a little oil somewhere under my car, what should I expect for something almost 21 years old? Anyway, recently I started smelling burning oil, so I looked a little harder, and saw what seemed to be a significant amount of oil. The ground was dry where I park though, so all of the leak is being burnt off by the exhaust. My first inclination is the valve cover gaskets. How much is this repair? I have a reputable garage I know that knows the SVX and will do it right. I just want to know how long and how much for parts. Also, 2 and a half years ago, right when I bought the car I had to replace the ENTIRE cooling system, and while the shop had my engine out of my car, I had them replace every rubber gasket that they could reach while the engine was easily reached. I doubt it's something connected directly to the block, but as usual with this car, I'm probably wrong. Any likely culprits? I'm just going to carry oil with me and keep filling it up. Between oil changes (3,700 miles) I think I lost close to a half-quart to a quart. Not positive, as the mesurement cup only went to 4 quarts.
STi Airlift Performance air suspension
2005 WRX manual swap
Rear wheel drive
K-Staff front bumper
Delta Speed side skirts
JDM clear corners
Smallcar grille
Subaru XT steering wheel
Subaru XT shift knob

First bagged SVX in the world
Worlds first SVX on air suspension.
Custom made (by myself) spare tire subwoofer.