Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Svx Models, How Many Produced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
Joe,

How many different APPLIED MODELS are now known, total?

Per YOUR thread, it looks like we are well on the way to collecting this data,
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44145

If you wish to post the collection form here, or merge this thread to that one, fine by me.
I'm after the complete worldwide list, prioritized by the SVX WORLD NETWORK MEMBERS, according to spec.

This to further the work you and Earl have done in collecting information, data, etc. toward recognition, value, collector status, etc.

Joe has posted a pic, UK MODEL: CXWBK7E, so, the total with Dan's submission is at least 10, that without FWD, and various Euro, AU, Etc.

Have all the characters in the Applied Model been deceiphered?

With a master list of APPLIED MODELS, we can set a priority list for models WorldWide according to spec, and then we can argue how to value and prioritize each Model according to base specs

Ron
Ron

This is an excellent plan and approach. The short answer to your question is I don't know.

We don't have a reference chart such as supplied by Paddles and Phil for the JDM market. The hope was we would get this information as people volunteered the codes, then we could draw conclusions. Unfortunately not enough gave the info so we could make safe deductions from it.

Earl worked at listing it. I myself did very little on it because I was stressed by work at the time. That has all changed recently of course.

We will have a look at the main chart and at least see if we can draw up a list purely of model codes. It will be fraught with difficulty, not least because we know some detail on certain cars in certain countries, but we may not actually know the country of original market in 100% of cases. This is important, because the Model Code as a reference code relates to certain markets for which the cars were built.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl