View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Moving to Reading PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannmarr View Post
I need to wait for someone to retire, maybe 1-6 months. The job is across from Albright College. I'm married and have 4 small boys. My wife loves Malls (don't they all?) and would like to be close to her friends in Allentown and New york. My main concern is schools for the kids. I don't mind driving, so I would cosider any place in between. I like Spring township and my wife likes Bethlehem. Any info on these areas? Thanks again.
I lived in Bethlehem township for a few years and both my younger brothers went through all the grades of that school system. The schools are excellent both my brothers went on to great colleges. If you are looking at Bethlehem you want the part where your kids will go to Freedom High School rather than Liberty High School. But, Bethlehem is going to be like an hour away from Albright College area. I also know that there is a really slow intersection on 222 that always backs up in rush hour and adds like 15 unnecessary minutes to that drive. I am not familiar with Spring Township.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007