Thread: Big Problem!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis
Alright, it seems I have a gas leak and the problem is I cant find it. There arent any puddles under my car or outside smells. The gasoline smell is inside my car and it has been there for about a week now and it only seems to get stronger! Plus, I am about to only get 250 miles in a 18.5 gallon tank...thats 13.5 mil.gal! And today my gas light came on at a 1/4 a tank, which is very unusual because it only comes on once the needle passes the E mark by a mile.

Is my gas gauge broken? I have looked under my car numerous times trying to find nething leaking and there is nothing (not even a smell) . I thought that since the smell is only on the inside of my car then i could of gotten it on my clothes when pumping gas, which has happened before, but now im worried. Any help like where someone else may have had gas leaks?
I had a leak spring up recently on my car and it turned out to be the return line at the tank. It was obvious though by the smell and it could be seen dripping under the car. Bring it over this weekend and I'll take a look at it for you.