View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 02:53 PM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Unhappy continuing scratch for all

Ken yes i spoke to Windscreens O'Brien they suggested jewelers rouge as well, I went and saw one of their franchises as they suggested ...next door to pavillion motors !!, BUT he wasn't prepared to have a go at it...'doing it will scratch the window more..!!??? :I had some old mag wheel polish that contains jewelers rouge, but didn't get much of a result after 15 mins and 3 applications and elbow grease..damm ( ..hmm, so then I thought I'll put a 2nd hand window in, the Adelaide wreckers have got one BUT, when I asked what colour the glass was and its condition..he said for what you want 'you should buy a new window'..'the one i've got fits in the gap in the door and it won't let the rain in..

Fine ! I'll check with the dealer when she goes in for her 50K/100K service [2 days min], next Wed to see how much they price a new window, then compare that to Paddles price ex japan. [incidently my tint is blue]..I've got the dealer already organised to do all the window guides anyway and having the window polished wouuld have finished the job nicely...but no yet, I might try one of the smaller auto glass people for polishing out, and I was also toying with the idea of changing the passenger door mirror to the concave glass style..I'll keep you posted..

david