View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 09:17 PM

Re: unfinished oem rarities list. Help me out you svx crazy people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
So who's gonna race to get as many of the things on that list as possible? I mean, how many of those things would be even possible to get? Like wasn't 4ws really rare to begin with?

Also, I think I'd really like a glass sunroof, seeing as how the only rust spot on my whole car is on the sunroof. Any idea how that would be done/how much it would cost?
Sorry to hear about your rusty sunroof...

BTW, from the little bit I looked in... the glass panel is from an overseas version of the impreza, I guess... and just happens to fit the same "cartridge." (the sunroof unit frame, installed to the underside of the roof.)

The steel and glass versions are probably largely designed to the same specification, just a difference in the panel material, clear transparent glass, or solid with a headliner on the inside.

Subaru probably worked with a company like Webasto, or American Sunroof Company (ASC), or other OE supplier, and specified the design, and the panel part is modular between them.

I would call it a "cross fitment", since the SVX was not fitted with it, but the part evidently fits, from another source.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 10-23-2009 at 09:30 PM.