View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Re: unfinished oem rarities list. Help me out you svx crazy people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavikan View Post
Please keep in mind, you stated there was no glass sunroof for the SVX. If one bolts in w/o modification....and its made by subaru... what would you call it? OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer.... this sunroof was made by Subaru, and was NEVER an aftermarket addition as others were speaking of in that sunroof thread. It is OEM to the 2.5 1st gen non-USDM. = OEM Subaru, not a dealer cob job It is a direct bolt in replacement for the metal sunroof, and follows the curve of the roof.

If its Subaru, and no modification is required, I certainly think its part of the (my, which very few have helped on) list. ALSO, considering the sever lack of knowledge of it, the sunroof makes sense and stays.

Adding oil cooler to the list. Some one got a linky to info on it?
OEM has to do with Original Equipment for that specific model... Based on the criteria you just laid out I could take a 5.4L V8 from an F150 put it in a Mustang and say that the car is completely OEM. It is a direct bolt, requires no modification, and it is made by Ford.
To attempt an argument that a glass sunroof could be OEM on an SVX is a complete waste of time...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5