View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 05:19 PM

Re: 92 Ebony .. just back from ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Confused with #1 badge-less look #2 spoiler or lack of on the batmobile and #3 wheels on the blue one ?Are they not the same on both cars(stock ) ? .
I was referring to and comparing the looks of the blue and ebony cars in the photos linked in post #21. Both cars are lovely SVXs. I owned an original '92 for 12 years with a spoiler like on the blue one, and always preferred the look of the other SVX spoiler, as on the ebony. I also always preferred the original monotone wheels: The plastic center caps always lost their color and I like when owners paint them to match the wheels. I also like when owners powdercoat the original wheels rather than replacing them, and the blue has that look; in any event, it is the monotone look. As for badging, I was refering to the SVX lettering that came on some or all later models. When owners repaint or mod their SVXs, they often choose to add, or replace -or not- the lettering on one part or another of their cars. I always liked the "badgeless" look of the original '92s when people had no idea what you were driving unless and until they got a close-up of a couple of parts. (Not that many people know what an SVX is either. ) Many of us have experienced drivers getting up on our tails simply trying to determine "WATISTHAT?" -they back off as soon as their close-up effort fails. I like that and I just prefer the letter-less look. Again, when you do a full make-over, you can usually go either way on the lettering, and change the rear, the hood, wheels, etc. I like the modest mods done on both of these cars. Sorry for the long post, but I still love talking and writing SVX.

Last edited by Rodolfo; 07-03-2011 at 05:26 PM.