View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 09:31 AM
wrx_driver_2002

Did the R180 Axles work in the factory hubs without swapping over to the STI stuff?

I've got a chance to get a SVX (1994 FWD) for a very very good price, that I would like to convert to a 6 speed. (I've got all of the parts needed, including brakes, if they'll work. I don't have a new xmember for the transmission though)

Has anyone tried swapping the rear hubs and using the Brembos from the 2005 STI? If the R180 is just a bolt in affair without changing hubs, that will make me very happy It's not like swapping an R180 into a BD/BG Legacy where you have to swap hubs, rear brakes, and axles to make the R180 fit.

Will the stock STI driveshaft (Transmission to rear diff) fit the SVX? Did you try swapping flanges on the differentials to avoid drilling holes in the flange? If I get this SVX, I am also going to make the DCCD work. Does anyone else with an SVX have working DCCD (In either Auto or Manual Mode?)

If anyone has a chance, and would like to talk about any of this, feel free to message me on AIM... Wrxdriver2002 (No, I am not a WRX Owner... but I drive a 1995 Legacy with an Ej205)

Mike