View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: 17 year old daughter having a 'but first' year..

Okay Jerry first off man your post tend to confuse me. But maybe I can offer some input. If she isn't sure on what she wants to do yet maybe a community college is her best bet. They are often on the cheaper side and until she is sure on what she wants to due can complete the often required "core" classes. There have been studies shown that a year off before attending college can allow a person to mature and statically do better.

One thing is sure, GO TO SCHOOL.

I personally thought I made a big mistake by going to Community college first and not a 4 year right away but it has turned out to be the best thing I could have done. It allows me to not have such strain on my wallet and also I can still live at home a hell of a lot cheaper then dorms and there are always parents to help should say something happen to your car .

If she isnt sure, on what she wants to due don't worry like ode said, most will change their major, hell I did the first semester, from associates of science to network technology.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles