Thread: O/T SIA Plant
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 02:25 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Isuzu

Quote:
Originally posted by Paisan
Hmm out of the 200-500 Isuzu owners I know only a few have problems of valve tap, and that is on 200K+ models.

I have had 2, a 97 rodeo that went 120K before I traded it in on an '00 Trooper. So far 45K no problems.

GM has had a significant financial stake of Isuzu since the mid-80s. Consumer Reports false rollover article didn't help either.

-mike
They must actually change their oil on time. 3 out of 4 that arrive at auction here need to get a oil flush and risoline treatment to quite them down enough so they can be sold. They're kinda like my Brat in that respect. They tell you when to change the oil. If you don't the noise will become a fixture in the engine.

Yes GM has had a 25% stake in Isuzu since the 80s. In the past 5 years they've nearly doubled that and are the majority owner in Isuzus diesel ventures.

I wouldn't call the rollover article false... they just forgot to say that all the other manufacturer's SUVs have a greater tendency to roll than a car. I guess they were afraid of being sued by the big boys. Isuzu and Suzuki can't afford to fight like Ford, Chevy and Chrylser can. It just kills their reputation too quickly.