View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 PM

Registered SVX
Re: May have found a replacement

Well, big disappointment. Car has tons of scratches, very loud exhaust leak from front area, faded dash somewhat dirty interior, and a not shifting correctly tranny. Cleanest part of the car was the spare tire area, shiny red paint. Looks like original radiator too, it had a sticker on it that said Calsonic. If the paint did not have so many scratches I would have considered it, but I dont have the time or resources spend on another svx just to make it look respectable. I paid $2500 for my 96 polo last year, but Ive already spent over $3k at Tom K's this year alone. Id pay no more than $1500 for it. Engine idles smoothly but because of exhaust leak being so loud you cant really hear anything but when driving. My wife and I drove it down the street and she knew it wasnt the one. The place selling it is a a small rented unit in some old looking industrial building. The guy selling it looked more like a homeless person than a salesman. I told him I would call him tomorrow and let him know. There are several broken items on the inside, all windows worked and were scuff free. This was a one owner car until it went to auction in 2006, and this sellers wife drove it around with a dealer plate on it. They did not take care of it at all. What a let down, we were all excited driving there and then all the air came out of our balloon when we heard and saw it. For the right person, it can be a great car, but who knows how much work it will need. A new paint job very soon for sure. Well that sums it up.