View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 02:34 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc
Incidentally, I have already tested the theory in my own car. I don't have the security module -- just the connector. Using an amp meter, I shorted the two corresponding wires (14 and 15) to ground. The doors unlocked and locked as expected. The current draw was only 54mA. So obviously pins 5 and 8 on the DLT are low-current inputs, and the module has relays that drive the actuators.

I'm confident that this method will work in any USDM model. The question remains whether a similarly easy trick is possible in JDMs.

Is anyone aware of any JDMs that do not have lock actuators in both doors? Do all JDM years have some sort of keyless entry (either infrared or RF)?
Interesting. I wonder if the door lock timer is the same between JDM and USDM models and the only difference is the security module. You might be able to retrofit the JDM automatic locking by wiring Speed Sensor #2 to the door lock timer on a USDM car. Is there an unused pin?

Both my JDM cars have 2 actuators and Infrared keyless entry. I think the wiring on my 92 is similar to the 92 USDM diagram you posted above. It's been a long time since I took it apart, but I was referring to my 92 USDM service manual at the time.

From what Trevor has posted, it sounds as though the Aussie model is like the Canadian model with no motor in the driver's door. I wonder if the wiring is in place such that a JDM lock could be fitted.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 02-26-2007 at 02:37 AM.