View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 07:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
Question please please help me here, long svx issues

ok this is come to a verry important verry serous situation ! this is long

as most of u know i have had the FWD diffrential go out over a month ago 1 month and 1 week to be exact. i had huge issues for repairing it,,including the updated reduction gear and spyder gears . then i had to order shims wich subaru sent the wrongs ones wich made it another week in delays. well last friday all the parts came together and the transmission was repaired. i get a call sat morning there is some thing wrong and for me to come to the shop to have a look for my self.

got to the shop and the mechanic is telling me there is something wrong with the engine and the engine will not do a full rotation to line up the torque converter bolts. for some reason its not doing a full rotation. and the mechanic is absolutely stumped!!! he started to say the engine wasnt runing whene i brought it too him. cause the car was towed there and pushed into the shop so it never ran whene he saw it, i know for a fact it was heck i even partly drove it up to the tow truck. we took the oil pan off to see if there was any damage to the crank we couldnt see anything and all the conecting rods where moving corectly. he thinks its posibly the timing belt jumped ,, how!! i have no idea the car has sat and never moved in a month and the belt is only 20,000 miles on it, the transmssions works it spins freeely and is pulled away from the engine and the torque converter is off it also, so its bare engine and it wiill do a full turn, !!!!!

now, i have invested 1,600 for a transmission rebuild 10 months ago, now im investing 1,200 for the FWD diffrentials repairs, so almost 3,000$ in repairs for the trainy this year!!!!! now if there is something major with the engine god forbid its going to cost me a fortune. and im debating if it is worth it. the book value on the car is not that much, maybe 4,500-5,000 so far i have over half that in repairs. so

worst case scenario should i do

spend another 1,000-2,000 in engine repairs on top of the 3,000 already invested into it

strip the car sell the transsmission wich is brand new now and sell the rims and and sell just the shell of the car, wich is perfect and recover some of my losses maybe 3,500 or so

or repair the car and get ride of it runing,

the best bet is i hope it jumped timing, wich is imposible for a car that has moved in 1 month and can be fixed verry eaily the car ran perfectly whene i gave it to him , i put it in nutreule and reved no noises no nothing, no isssues at all. could he have did something to it at the shop ??? i have no idea, i trust this mechanic greatly, he has worked on all my cars and is verry honest and knows his subarus.

what could cause a engine not to do a full turn im desperate for anwsers and sugestions here, every one is stumped on this,
could it be a stuck or bent valve??
bad crank????
jumped timing????
bad piston???

im just preying its not major motor issues, and it has to be opened up,, im verry verry disgusted with this to no holds end !!!!

any help is apreciated, james s