View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Locker Link Solution

Sooo... it turns out I knew a lot more than I thought I did, in fact I learned I could do MORE with the car than I imagined possible. I got some great tips from some awesome guys there, I will be back for the next event.

There was this one guy that gave me an awesome throttle tip that I feel the first AWD instructor was nervous about telling me... it shaved 12 seconds off the lap that got recorded, I know it saved more on the run prior as I applied the technique better, but the meter tripped somehow ...it was good to get to go an extra time though After I learn the technique a bit more it will shave more off I am sure.

The roof rack was jokingly pointed out to be an "AreoAdvantage" bolt on as I was "afraid of" ... but they let it go due to the drag generated from the second bar

The tires actually were not a huge issue, except for in one instance where I'm sure if I had slightly better suspension or more skill it would not have been a problem at all.

Power was my single biggest issue... there are times when 2nd isn't the best gear to be in, but shifting is not an option and the power just isn't there to get me though. about 25-50 more hp would be an awesome next step. I did jam it into first once, but found the transition to be a little less smooth than desired.

....next I'd say suspension, sould be lower and tighter... but I was shown how to use it to my advantage as is for now. Next I would say tires.

Really want to work more on skill before doing much else though.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 04-27-2008 at 07:53 PM.