View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 02:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
I believe it's slipping because I've observed the clutch plate stop several times while the pulley continues to rotate, without much noise or protestation from the clutch, belt or engine. So are you saying that 35 PSI on the low side while the compressor is running is too high to be able to cool properly? What should it be, under 25 PSI? I get virtually no cooling at under 25-30 PSI. Keep in mind, I didn't replace the expansion valve.

You are correct that I'm measuring with the gauge supplied from a conversion, aka "cram it in" kit, installed about a year ago. I did however, have the system evacuated again and refilled a few weeks ago and have been keeping an eye on the pressures this time.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
If it is cooling properly (and 35# is a bit high for that to be possible) what makes you believe the clutch is slipping?

And if you can't measure the high side I'm assuming you have a 'cram it in' kit. They are extremely dangerous and should be illegal. Not having any idea of what the high side is doing is a bad thing.

Last edited by kuoh; 06-13-2006 at 03:02 PM.